Many people are apprehensive about engaging the services of an attorney, or even making that first phone call as they perceive legal advice as costly. At Lauro Law, PLLC, we understand your concerns. All of our clients are completely informed about legal costs.
As a client-focused firm we are efficient and cost-effective in delivering quality legal services. We are committed to keeping your legal fees to a minimum without compromising the service you receive or the result you obtain.
CURRENT REGULAR HOURLY RATE: $280
CURRENT REGULAR HOURLY WEEKEND RATE: $350
Hourly rates are reviewed from time to time and adjusted as and when appropriate. When an adjustment is required, this website will be updated accordingly.
MEETINGS. (By appointment only; all times are Central Time)
Most meetings are conducted by phone or virtually through apps such as Zoom or Skype.
- Initial Meeting. The Initial Meeting is $100 for the first half-hour when the meeting occurs Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. After the first half-hour, my regular hourly rate applies.
- Evening Initial Meeting. An Evening Initial Meeting is $125 for the first half-hour when the meeting occurs Monday through Friday, 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm. After the first half-hour, my regular hourly rate applies. I do not schedule appointments after 7:30 pm, but meetings scheduled prior to 7:30 pm may go past that time.
- Weekend Initial Meeting. A Weekend Initial Meeting is $150 for the first half-hour when the meeting occurs on a Saturday or Sunday. After the first half-hour, my regular hourly weekend rate applies. No weekend appointments are scheduled before 10:30 am or after 3:30 pm.
- Additional Meetings. All meetings required to continue providing legal services are billed at the regular hourly rates.
Advance Payment is required prior to all Initial Meetings.
PARALEGAL / LEGAL ASSISTANT FEES.
CURRENT REGULAR HOURLY RATE: $95
Paralegal and Legal Assistant services are provided as necessary to maximize client representation, maintain a cost-effective fee structure and reduce client expenses.
The Arkansas Rules of Professional Conduct that govern attorneys have provisions that address fees charged by attorneys and emphasize the reasonableness of a particular fee. While “reasonable” may be hard to define, our professional fees depend on the following factors:
- The time, labor and skill required;
- The fee customarily charged in the locality for similar legal services;
- The ability, character, and reputation of the attorney involved;
- The complexity of the matter;
- Time limits imposed by you or by the circumstances;
- Whether the fee is fixed, hourly or contingent.
Therefore, fees are periodically reviewed and evaluated for reasonableness, taking into account all factors and circumstances.
Fixed Fee: A fixed fee is a one-time payment to cover the costs of handling a specific legal matter such as drafting name and gender change documents, powers of attorney, and simple wills.
Hourly Rate: An hourly rate is an hourly charge for time devoted to handling a specific case. Many legal matters are billed at an hourly rate. Hourly rates may be billed for attorneys, paralegals and other staff support as required.
Contingency Fee: When allowed by law, a contingency fee may be charged which is based on a percentage of the judgment awarded to the client. Contingency Fees are typically used in personal injury cases and are prohibited in family law. (PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT take any type of lawsuit on a contingency basis.)