Arkansas LGBT Adoption Attorney
Adoption is a process whereby a person assumes the parenting for a child and, in so doing, permanently transfers all rights and responsibilities as a parent.
If you are considering adoption, there are legal steps that must be completed before you can experience parenthood. It would be in your best interest to discuss your situation with an experienced Arkansas family law attorney.
Lauro Law, PLLC provides advice, legal services and representation in:
- LGBT Partner adoptions
- Private adoptions
- Grandparent adoptions
At Lauro Law, PLLC we take a special interest in every case and we will:
- Explain the adoption process
- Explain your rights and responsibilities as a parent
- Explain how we can facilitate the adoption
- Assist you in obtaining the consent of the biological parent(s)
- Prepare and file the adoption petition and supporting documents
- Provide advice and guidance if a home visit and evaluation is needed (private adoption)
- Represent you at the adoption hearing
- Obtain a new birth certificate listing the new parent names
At Lauro Law, PLLC we will use our knowledge of Arkansas Family Law and our experience to answer your adoption questions and assist you though the adoption process.
We also represent clients wanting alimony modifications, which may be warranted if a significant change in circumstances has occurred such as remarriage, loss of a job or a significant change in income.